Posted by Zuriana on April 30, 2012
Destination weddings are a great way to add a wow factor to your wedding especially when you choose a destination that serves as a stunningly beautiful backdrop. Your wedding can be a four day celebration instead of only four or five hours. It is the perfect way to celebrate with your closest friends and family.
Destination weddings also offer a considerable savings. According to BRIDES magazine’s 2011 American Wedding Study the average cost of a wedding in 2011 was $26,501. In comparison, in Cancun, for example, a beach ceremony and sit down reception for 75 guests costs around $8,000 (2013 pricing).
When planning a destination wedding keep the following in mind:
- Consider a location that is easily accessible
- Consider the amount of travel time to and from the resort
- Consider if you or your guests will bring children to the wedding. If yes choose a family friendly resort.
- Consider a resort that offers an all-inclusive option so you and your guests know what you will pay in advance.
- Plan early and set up your room block early to give guests ample time to plan.
- You will also want to plan early if your wedding ceremony will be during a popular month such as June or on a Saturday. Note, in some countries you can not marry on a Sunday. Plan accordingly.
- Consider if you will have a legal or symbolic ceremony.
- Know the legalities of getting married in your chosen destination as well as any residency requirements.
For assistance planning your destination wedding give us a call.